5 Reasons to Go for Natural Cosmetics
Switching from using regular to natural cosmetics has a visible effect on the skin. People who are prone to breakouts, allergies, and rashes can often eliminate those conditions by using organic products that are ideal for sensitive skins. Besides, allergies are usually triggered by the application of harsh, unnatural substances. However, this situation is just the tip of the iceberg.
1. Artificial beauty products pose high health risks. According to breastcancerfund.org, synthetic makeup is directly linked to breast cancer, infertility, birth defects on infants and other health-related problems. The accumulation of too many toxins in the blood stream can adversely affect the kidneys, liver, and brain, as well as the adrenal and thyroid glands.
2. Be beautiful inside and out. Switch from using synthetic to natural cosmetic products. Cosmetics made from organic ingredients do not contain artificial ingredients that will harm your inner body. They do not contain unnatural dyes or artificial color enriching properties and most of the ingredients used are plant-based. So you can rest assured the products are safe to use.
3. Organic beauty products have healing and nutrition properties. For example, a natural hair shampoo derived from fruits, leaves and roots makes hair look fabulous while providing nutrients that nourish the scalp, which helps to prevent the development of dandruff and other scalp-related problems.
4. It is advised that only organic products be used for the face. These include cleansers, moisturizers, toners and creams. But, of course, you wish to keep the skin of the rest of your body as healthy as that of your face, right? So opt for lotions, soaps, oils, and sun blockers that contain ingredients that are also organic-based.
5. Use of natural cosmetics promotes eco-friendly living. Since natural cosmetics are made from natural ingredients, pollution of the environment by synthetic substances is eliminated. By using organic body essentials we are individually contributing to living according to higher ethical values within the larger community, which is fast becoming an integral part of the advocacy towards greener and healthier living. By using natural cosmetics we are living in harmony with nature and can continue enjoying the incredible benefits of doing so many years to come.
Original posted date: 28/09/2011